Friday, December 21, 2007

Dominic William



Yay! My first real e-con! Never got one of these before and I thought I'd share it with all five of my readers.

Now cons have been pulled since the dawn of time and there have been some beautifully crafted ones over the years. It's an art form. The big ones are pretty easy to spot, but the truly beautiful ones are the short-cons, involving very little cash. They work almost flawlessly and can keep a man eating from day to day. Here in New Orleans, one of my favorites is the "I can tell you where you got yo' shoes" con. A classic which, the first time it was pulled on me, I paid off simply because it was so brilliant. (If you don't know the answer, send me ten dollars and I'll tell you!)

This 'Dominic William' person however, is using an actual disaster, Alaska Flight 261, to prey on the unsuspecting morons of the world for his own personal gain. Shame on you sir! In the first place, this scam has already been documented on Wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alaska_Airlines_Flight_261

and other places. Secondly, I'm not stupid. Perhaps if you did a little research on your marks beforehand you could save some time. Third, I blog. And welcome to it. Not only have I posted your poorly written scam here, I have also posted it in my Flickr account where hundreds of people will see it every day. Time to get a job shithead. Your out of business.

For those of you who enjoy the art of the con, find a copy of "House of Games," David Mamet's directorial debut. This 1987 film stars Lindsay Crouse and Joe Mantegna and takes the viewer on a trip through the underside of human nature through a series of short-cons and one big score. The dialogue is stilted and theatre-like, but that's a by-product of Mamet's time in the stage world. Overall it's a really good flick.

No comments: