Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The Days Are Just Packed

Breaking News:

Betty and Mose Jefferson and Betty's daughter Angela Coleman have just been slapped with 31 federal charges and if convicted, each faces at least 250 years in jail. Most of the charges concern the incredibly slick ways that the Jeffersons 'allegedly' funneled state and federal monies through various non-profit organizations controlled by them into their personal accounts. Betty and Mose also face 4 and 3 charges, respectively, for income tax evasion.

The charges were announced by U.S. Attorney Jim Letten on WDSU just moments ago. More as it becomes available.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finally!!!

Anonymous said...

Seems the whole family is beginning to smell bad. Now tell me again, WHO the hell re-elected this person back into office so that he may begin to cover his tracks and his family ?
New Orleans, sometimes you get what you deserve...like Willy Ray Ray too...the do nothing folks that you re-elected.
Kind of difficult to have a lot of sympathy.

M Styborski said...

You know, I hate to say it, but you're absolutley correct. I live in Kenner and have my own political demons to fight, but I elected some of those guys and it pisses me off to know that I was lied to so easily. Even worse, that I was somehow stupid enough not to see it coming.