Monday, June 25, 2007

Justice Is Almost Served

Remember Roy Pearson? The scumbag who sued an immigrant drycleaner for 54 million dollars over a pair of pants? (Come on folks, try hard.) Well, he lost, and there was much rejoicing.

From District of Colombia Superior Court Judge Judith Bartnoff:

"Based on the foregoing, the Court finds that the plaintiff is not entitled to any relief whatsoever on his claims under the CPPA, Counts One and Four of his Amended Complaint. The Court's analysis of the plaintiff's CPPA claims applies as well to his claims of common law fraud in Count Two of the Amended Complaint. The plaintiff acknowledges that he is required to prove those claims by clear, convincing and unequivocal evidence. He has not proven those claims by a preponderance of the evidence, let alone by that higher standard. Judgment therefore will be awarded to the defendants, as well as their costs."



Unfortunately, in spite of a clear majority of opinion, he has also been re-appointed to his judgeship. Incredibly, someone, somewhere, believes this dillhole has the appropriate mental faculties to preside over other peoples legal concerns. Now I know this news will leave some of you with mixed feelings, and rightfully so. It's nice to know that the Chungs will be able to continue in pursuit of the American Dream, (their court costs are about $1000, no information on whether they'll sue to recover the tens of thousands of dollars in legal fees this has cost them,) but unsettling to know that Roy will be in control of other peoples legal lives.

It just makes me wish there was some way to tell this guy what I really think of him. For instance, if I knew that his mailing address was Roy L Pearson, Jr, 3012 Pineview Ct NE, Washington, DC 20018-1617, I could write him a letter. Or if I knew that his phone number was (202) 269-1191, I could call and leave my two-cents on his answering machine. I can't even e-mail him since I don't know his e-mail address is roypearsonjr@verizon.net. Oh well, I guess there's nothing I can do. So it goes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for not knowing that!

Irvin said...

This is awesome!